*** UNFORTUNATELY WE DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE ANY JUNIOR SPACES. IF IF WISH TO BE ADDED TO THE WAITING LIST THEN PLEASE EMAIL US OR FILL IN THE CONTACT US FORM ***
The club welcomes applications from Juniors aged 8 years and upwards.
Our fully qualified coaches offer a supportive and nurturing environment whether you child wishes to complete or simply come down and get active with other their own age.
If you are interested, then please contact us using the form on the homepage.
Please see the Juniors Section of the website for more information and the latest News, Fixtures and Results.
Newcastle (Staffs) AC is actively involved in a number of local and regional leagues, covering athletics, road running and cross country.
We have athletes regularly competing in events around the region from the U11 age group upwards, with the emphasis on enjoyment.
We aim to cater for all abilities and have a growing number of qualified coaches who aim to make both competing and training an enjoyable experience which will retain the children’s love of the sport for years to come.
Training for Young Athletes is held every Tuesday and Thursday evening at Ashfields, starting at 6.30pm and typically lasting 1 hour.
The majority of training is carried out on the track and surrounding grassed area in a safe environment.
On occasion training is held in different locations where the children are supervised to ensure their safety.
In the younger age groups children are coached in different aspects of athletics by our extremely well qualified coaches to nurture an understanding of what the sport can offer, before specialising in the later age groups.
All our coaches have a number of years experience in athletics and are qualified to at least Level 1 and are DBS checked.
The coaches meet regularly to assess training needs and schedules to ensure the young athletes continue to develop and enjoy the sport.
For more information please visit our Coaching section or feel free to speak to our coaches in person at Ashfields on one of the training nights.
Welfare Policy Statement
Joining the junior section of Newcastle (Staffs) Athletic Club is an important step in a young person’s athletic career.
As an athletic club we are committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment for children and young people to practice athletics.
We will do this by:
1. Recognising that all children and young people have the right to freedom from abuse.
2. Ensuring that all our staff and volunteers are carefully selected and accept responsibility for helping to prevent the abuse of children in their care.
3. Responding swiftly and appropriately to all suspicions and allegations of abuse, providing parents and children with the opportunity to voice any concern they may have.
4. Appointing a Welfare Officer who will take specific responsibility for child safety and act as the main point of contact for parents, children and outside agencies.
5. Ensuring access to confidential information is restricted to the Welfare officer or appropriate external authorities.
6. Reviewing the effectiveness of our Welfare Policy annually at the relevant Committee Meeting.
The Welfare Policy is also available as a MS Word document: Welfare Policy